Wednesday, February 18, 2004

For those of us who like quizzes...


You are ELIJAH!
Which Old Testament Character are you?

brought to you by Quizilla


I want to be beautiful, patient Esther or the long suffering, faithful Joseph...Ah Well...
____________

Samantha, over at The Home Realm sent me a little book (Can you believe how sweet and thoughtful that was....) called A Diary of Private Prayerby John Baillie. The author Worships with his prayers...really Worships.

"Dear Father, take this day's life into Thine own keeping. Control all my thoughts and feelings. Direct all my energies. Instruct my mind. Sustain my will. Take my hands and make them skilful to serve Thee. Take my feet and make them swift to do Thy bidding. Take my eyes and keep them fixed upon Thine everlasting beauty. Take my mouth and make it eloquent in testimony to Thy love. Make this day a day of obedience, a day of spiritual joy and peace. Make this day's work a little part of the work of the Kingdom of my Lord Christ, in whose name these prayers are said. Amen."

This type of prayer points the way to a life of peace and joy. It helps me remember where my eyes should be...who I am living for. For some this type of prayer is overwhelming...for me it is an encouragement. I am not prone to self criticism or perfection. I don't fret over the fact that I will fall short in so many ways today. I figure every step closer to God is a good one...I'm not going to worry about my shortcomings.

Amazing Grace...how sweet the sound...


Absolutely.

Encourage one another,
Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.