Monday, August 29, 2005

3108 This!

Around the world Aug. 31st looks like 3108.
These numbers inspired a man to create Blog Day 2005.

Visit this website to learn more Blog Day 2005

I enjoy reading blogs from around the world. On Wednesday I will highlight five blogs that I think you will like...from around the world.

It's a small world after all :o)







Closer to home


Katie is such a picky eater, it drives me crazy.
Last night we went to a special ice cream store called Cold Stone.

You choose a flavor of ice cream and a topping. The workers mix it together for you.

Emma and I chose 'Birthday Cake' flavor and Katie chose chocolate with sprinkles.
As I was paying, Katie whispers to me, 'I don't like it.'

Honestly.

I try not to lose my cool...but this is very frustrating and wasteful.

And can you imagine me going to the ice cream store and telling her she couldn't have any ice cream because I know she will not like it.

Yeah, I can imagine the Madison Social Services taking me away and charging me with neglect.

Judge, she was buying ice cream for herself but wouldn't buy any for her little daughter.

And as they dragged me to the slammer I would be pleading,

'She wouldn't like it...she won't eat it...'


Okay. I get it. She doesn't care about food.
But how do I deal with this, practically?

Why am I such a slow learner about some things?

Should I have just shared?
Should we have left her home with her daddy?
Should I have chosen the flavor?

If you have a picky eater and have some good advice, I'd love to hear it.


Encourage one another,
Donna

p.s. Praying for those in the path of Katrina.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.