Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My plan was this,
take one picture of all the children for the Christmas card.

I could piece something together but since we would all be together this year, I wanted to get a group shot.
I don't know when will be the next time we can get a group shot!

That is not good.

Together good.
Not together.
Not good.



So yesterday we planned to meet at Pizza Bruta for lunch. It's one of Matthew's favorite places so since he runs the show...


We went.


I thought we would take pictures outside on Monroe St. or at Vilas Park or at the zoo.
But the outdoor thing quickly got nixed due to little baby Asher.


DSC_2603-4

I had Katie come up to the front of the restaurant to check the light.

It was the middle of the afternoon so the restaurant was pretty empty....
so I set up shop.


I cleared the table, moved a few chairs and grabbed a chair to stand on.


DSC_2642-6


While we were setting up and sitting down...the ladies decided to take the booth right behind us.

Pesky patrons.

I am still using this picture even with the creepers in the back.
Sometimes you have to go with the flow.



And when we got home, I asked Melinda if she would take a picture of me with all my children.

I do not have a picture of me and them! And that is a crime!

So I made everyone come outside and dragged a chair for Melinda to stand on.

I took some test shots....


DSC_2730-4

And this was a bit sun-flarey for this kind of portrait.


DSC_2743-4

Camera Nikon D700
Exposure 0.001 sec (1/800)
Aperture f/3.5
Focal Length 50 mm
ISO Speed 400




We tried the open shade facing a sunny house and yard.


Melinda has a good eye and noticed the sun hitting our faces.
We rearranged to solve that problem....

DSC_2755-3

I like the first shot best, even with the sun on the side of my face.

But details aside.....


I am thrilled to have these pictures!!!

Super-duper-madly-deeply thrilled!!!!

Thank you Melinda!
Thank you everybody for cooperating.

I treasure every moment we can be together.
Thank you.

Love you!
Mean it.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.