Thursday, October 18, 2012

Impact



Ever since I was a young girl I have had a love affair with movies.
Today I want to share with you a special group of movies that helped shape my
view of the world.  As I look at my list I see movies about social issues.
Important social issues.
Faith, Justice, Tolerance.

Five movies.
Five movies that touched the heart and soul of a little girl.
Five movies that are precious to me.




King of Kings



Nine years old.  My father called to us to come downstairs to watch this movie.
I hung in there until the glorious end.  It was a long serious movie for a little girl and
it made a huge impact on my life.



A Patch of Blue








To Kill a Mockingbird






Neighbors bring food with death,and flowers with sickness, and little things in between. Boo was our neighbor. He gave us two soap dolls, a broken watch and chain, a knife and our lives. 
One time Atticus said you never really knew a man until you stood in his shoes and walked around in them. Just standing on the Radley porch was enough.





The Miracle Worker




Hand in Hand





Little Catholic boy and little Jewish girl.
Friends.  Best friends.



I know it seems very silly to say movies had this much of an impact on me....
but I remember them more than any Sunday school lesson or church sermon.



Watching and learning,
Donna