Friday, July 08, 2016

Francis and Frodo









Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
when there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
Grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand,
to be loved as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying [to ourselves] that we are born to eternal life.

St Francis of Assisi









“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” 
~J.R.R. Tolkien

Encourage one another,
Donna










9 comments:

  1. Perfect addition to today's thought processes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:25 PM

    Thank you Donna-this is much needed.
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heading off to bed with tears in my eyes after reading this. God help us all. He knows...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thoughts to share, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cyndi K G8:49 PM

    Thank you, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really makes me think today...thank you

    I wish you a wonderful start into the new week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these words of peace and strength. Catching up from the road. Love to you, dear Donna, and my QLCS friends xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. God bless us all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I was young we had our first choir for the Spanish Mass at our church. This group needed more bodies than actual singers because Lord knows I can't hold a tune or speak Spanish, to be honest! But I definitely remember a Spanish song version of this prayer that was so beautiful, I remember it to this day. Thanks for bringing back this wonderful memory to me.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.