Monday, September 19, 2016

Emmy Red Carpet 2016


Last night was the 2016 Emmy awards.  The stars really looked beautiful!  So many lovely dresses...
Such variety.  
Jimmy Kimmel was the host and he was pretty funny with a cute opening.  I watched the red carpet and then ran from room to room in my house because the Packers were playing at the same time!

So here we go with my favorite dresses of the night!




Constance Zimmer in a beautiful, feminine Monique Lhuiller dress.
I would prefer just about any hairdo to this one.  But she sure picked out a pretty dress.










Felicity Huffman looked so fantastic last night.  She really was perfection.  It was made by Tony Ward, who I have never heard of before...but I will be watching for him in the future.






Isn't this lovely?  I love it.  
Julia Louis-Dreyfus always looks fantastic.
Her dress is by one of my favorite designers, Carolina Herrera.
Always elegant and feminine.






I loved the back of Julie Bowen's dress.






Kathryn Hahn in a pretty Wai Ming gown.  You know I love that lace on the bodice.  The velvet was a trend...but I felt it didn't quite work in September in the heat.  Still....I love this look.






Kerry Washington in a very unique "maternity" dress.
She looks wonderful.  Love her hair too.



 Perfect. Perfect. oh my. Perfect.
Kristen Bell in her amazing Zuhair Murad dress.








Silver and gold were suppose to be a trend...
Well, Padma Lakshmi from top chef showed all the other stars exactly how to wear silver. 
Dress by Naeem Khan. 
Her hair was darling too...  high pony.







Lovely Priyanka Chopkra wore a beautiful Jason Wu dress.
She was glowing and flowing and seemed very happy in her stunning dress.



Pretty, delicate, gathering made this dress worn by Sophie Turner a fave.






A simple thing like the details in the bodice can be all it takes for me to love a dress.  I am not a fan of big color I guess. (other than red :o)  But gosh, Tina Fey looks so pretty in this.  Her earrings and makeup and hair are flawless.






Allison Janney looks amazing.  I love that top.  LOVE it.




This young girl work the gold trend perfectly!








But the biggest winner was Kristen Bell.
In my opinion, this dress goes in the Fashion Hall of Fame.



Did you watch the red carpet?
What did you love?

Reporting from Wisconsin,
Your faithful fashion reporter,
Miz Booshay







10 comments:

  1. Based on the pictures I just saw, you really caught the best, Donna. I did see two other dresses I liked: Anika Noni Rose's white Grecian gown, and Yara Shahidi's white polka dot pattern one. I think I will go with a tie for first: Priyanka Chopkra and Felicity Huffman. But you know what I think it is? They are both smiling and look like they are having a good time. I know the red carpet could be stressful, but you might as well have some fun!!! Their smiles are beautiful.

    I would really like to see Kristen Bell's dress up close. That FABRIC!!! Wow.

    Happy Monday, all.

    DI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am statewide, so I could've actually watched! But I am also jetlagged!! Thanks for this. I agree with your pick; runner up from your selection here would be, for me, Felicity Huffman. I also love Tina Fey - I'm a big fan of green (and her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Kristen Bell's dress. And honestly, the still pictures don't do it justice. The way it flowed was perfection. So whimsical, and perfect.

    Thank you for your recap. I love reading them and seeing your faves! :)

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm chiming in to agree with your top pick. Kristen Bell is absolutely adorable and looked so very feminine and classy. Loved it! Felicity Huffman's was my second fave. SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, your posts are better than the actual show. I never watch the show, itself, but I LOVE your comments and photos. LOVE the Kristin Bell dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't watch the show because I knew I could come here and see all the fabulous fashions from Donna, our faithful fashion reporter. ;) I love Kristin's dress, too, but I'd like a little more up top. Julia made me cry with her acceptance speech. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you all have visited today and like the dresses. It's so much more fun to share with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't watch, but saw the photos on USA Today, but then had to come and see what you had to say of course, Donna. I enjoy your fashion reports.
    I'm not a big fan of the plunging necklines, but the fabric and the skirt on Kristen Bell's dress is beautiful. My favorite of the night is Julia Louis-Dreyfus in her gown. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You picked some beautiful dresses to show! I agree with all except I thought the black one on Sophie Turner could have used a lining. And while I loved, loved, loved Kristen's dress, I thought the top showed just a little too much. How fun would it be to wear any of these?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your picks. LOVE the first two you picked. And, yes, WOW on Kristen Bell. That is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.