Sunday, December 04, 2016

December has come....

  
We are getting our first snow this winter.  It's light and gentle and quiet and since we have no where to go today...it's welcome.

I realized I hadn't posted since before Thanksgiving and thought I better sit down and share some quiet pictures.




     

I took this panorama shot with my phone.  It's Washington Park.  
Who knew Emma and I would go to New York and love the parks so much?





Emma came home for Thanksgiving.  
I cooked dinner on Saturday so she could eat my delicious food.  (She had to work on Friday.)

I wanted to take a few pictures.  







Patrick came out to take our picture.
I love this one so much.





This is how I felt about the Gilmore Girls Netflix series.





I loved it.  

A little back story about my Gilmore Girls obsession...
The first time I watched the whole series of Gilmore Girls I was annoyed by almost everything. 
Except Luke.  Then I watched it again.... and again.
I hated Emily...and then I understood her and liked her.
I skipped the annoying sections and annoying people (so many annoying people) and focused on the love stories.

But I didn't care about all that....I could not wait to see what the  original creator of Gilmore Girls had in store for the reunion.

I wanted more of Luke and Lorelei.
I wanted more of Stars Hollow.

The series started out a little off but I didn't care.
I loved it anyway.
The final chapter was fantastic.
I confess there were a few times I fast forwarded...
but there are also a few parts I have watched three times too.

I love the Gilmore Girls....Emily included.






Yesterday I watched the good parts of the second season of Outlander.
Jamie and Claire.
Forever.

They are the best, most real kissers I've ever seen on screen.
They mean it.

And I will be watching the best parts again and again.
The season finale was fascinating and INCREDIBLE!


Someone yelled at me on the internet for just liking the Claire and Jamie romance part of Outlander....
I did not respond....and I don't care. 

:op

I love a love story.


Hope you are having fun getting into the Christmas mood and spirit.
No tree yet....here....

I'm sure we will get around to it....


Encourage one another,
Donna














19 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:44 PM

    I cooked Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday since Cassie and Daniel were at his family's until Saturday.

    Your New York pictures are great! I love it that you loved the parks. I'd love to go sometime and stay at an Air BnB with "secret" Gramercy Park access.

    Have you watched any of these videos of the GG cast reunion? I watched about half of this one with Cassie and it's got some interesting tidbits in it. We loved the Year in the Life, especially episodes 1 and 4. Amy Sherman-Paladino's writing is SO distinctive and while we enjoyed the other two episodes as well, hers are just a cut above, IMHO. Except for the Stars Hollow Musical which we didn't like at all and wondered why it went on so long!

    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/08/watch-gilmore-girls-atx-festival-reunion-panel


    Sandy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:45 PM

    Oops! The Stars Hollow musical was in Episode 3, not written by ASP, but by her husband. I should have known. :)

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed: Amy S-P's episodes were better than her hubby's.

      Delete
  3. I watched a few minutes and fast forwarded thru that terrible play! I loved the Luke and Lorelei fight and the added song at the end of three. I also skipped the band's song and the whole brigade montage!! I'm fickle like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:10 PM

    Go get a tree!!!!! ;p

    XOXO
    cgs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna! I was wondering if you were doing ok since you hadn't posted in awhile. How is Emma doing? The three of you, just lovely!

    I never saw the Gilmore Girls or the other show either. Right now I am into, This is US on NBC.

    Enjoy the quiet snow. We are expecting snow in Jersey tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma is doing great. Thanks for asking! I have s full time job now and find it difficult to blog ..

      Delete
  6. Anonymous3:03 PM

    The wedding! Oh how I loved the wedding! I liked the brigade, but I'm a sucker for Logan. Like you, I started out not an Emily fan, but have come to love her. Loralei's phone call to Emily left me sobbing. I think that's what makes the series so great. There's something for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The waltz song they played during the wedding was my fave!!!

      Delete
    2. Me too,I get a bit choked up when that song comes on!

      Delete
  7. Yes! Someone my age who also loved the Gilmore Girls revival. :) I won't tell you how many times I've watched them--it's embarrassing. Heh. And oh, that final Fall chapter. Perfection. Be still my heart!

    And I had to smile when you mentioned looking so forward to their return--I was thinking today that it had been a very long time since I looked forward to anything quite that much. Which may sound sad, but isn't. :) I felt 16 years old again in all my anticipation and my husband thought it was cute. Thanks for sharing about GG, Donna! Blessings, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:55 PM

    The photo of the three of you is just lovely. Patrick, you are awesome!

    Debbie Z.

    ReplyDelete
  9. have you read the books(question mark) great stories for a winter getaway when you cannot leave home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jamie and Claire -- one of my favorite literary couples since the early 90s. Sigh. Love the onscreen version very much as well!!

    Luke and Lorelai have long been a fave couple, too! I was a faithful watcher of the series and was so bummed when it ended. So of course I was also so very excited about the revival. Molly and I were like little kids on Christmas morning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I joined Netflix over here in Germany, just to watch Gilmore Girls, a Year in the Life. J loved about 2/3 of it, but truly enjoyed the whole thing.

    I borrowed the first season of Outlander, from my library, but I'm too squeamish - I had to stop!

    Oh, and I love love LOVE the pics of you and your girls! Yay Patrick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. pretty girls, your girls and you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog. I have loved the Gilmore Girls from the very first time I watched the show. I, too, felt like there was something a little off about the first one, but it kept getting better. I cried for Emily losing her husband after so many years. Going through the grief process with her and finding her way at the end. The ending was startling and now I wonder if there will be more Gilmore Girls coming. I hope so. Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My girl loved Gilmore Girls and got me hooked when she was in high school/college. I was so scared of how they would continue the story. I shouldn't have worried. I liked it. Rebekah has yet to get over here to watch, but with three little ones it's going to take a while. I'll watch it again with her hopefully...one day.
    (I missed the theme song so much!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Y'all are CRAZY. the Musical was brilliant!!! Hysterical!!! Sutton foster and Christian borle - two of the top Broadway stars of all time - Singing that farcical over-the-top ridiculous NONSENSE was so TOTALLY GG-esque- any fans of Waiting for Guffman will understand why it was so brilliant. It gave me life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.