Tuesday, March 13, 2018

product review

It's a whole new world...

I am low on time and energy to cook lately.
The Easy Chef has turned into the Absent Chef.


But I have a new trick that saves me time and the quality is the same...and that is a big win!


Like you can see on the package this rice takes only ninety seconds in the microwave!  

When I make an old fashioned chicken casserole I use a roasted chicken from the grocery store and this rice.  Chop a few veggies and throw in the other ingredients.  
Fast and easy.
I also add rice to my regular can of tomato soup.  I add diced tomatoes from a can and a splash of white wine.  Spruces up a bland bowl of soup.







So last week when I saw NOODLES in an envelope I was very excited!






But sadly these were yucky.  There was an odd taste and they were dry.  Boo.


My favorite thing to eat lately is Mezzetta marinara with Whole Garlic and Sweet Basil.
This is why I needed those noodles.  But alas, I will keep making my noodles in a pan on the stove.



This sauce is very mild.  I like my sauces to taste like sweet fresh tomatoes and not strong spices.
I find it at Target on the top shelf with all the other fancy marinaras.


I've also been trying Stouffer's dishes on Patrick and he is not a fan of the Salisbury Steak as I hoped he would.  He eats frozen fish, hamburgers and tonight...pork chops in the crock pot.

woohoo


So anyway, I thought I'd pass on this thrilling product review.

Bon Appetit!

Donna




5 comments:

  1. I've worked from home for about 8 years, and just started back in an office. Tonight I cooked some chopped onion and peppers in a pan, then stirred in chopped up deli turkey and a package of Simply Potatoes hash browns and cooked them according to the hash brown directions, topping with packaged shredded cheese for the last couple of minutes. I microwaved some green beans, which Trader Joe's provides in a handy pre-washed bag. I'm still remembering how to manage those quick meals without going to total junk food land. I appreciate the reviews! (BTW I am also one of those annoying people who got an Instant Pot a couple of years ago, and I use it 3-4 times a week. I like the dump chicken recipes on www.thisoldgal.com.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an Instant Pot and have been cooking my pasta in that Pressure cook cook for half the time on the box, plus one minute It takes time to come to pressure but I don't have to babysit the pot on the stove. A very helpful invention for busy women!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyndi K-G9:18 AM

    Thanks for sharing, Donna. I have been working for 14 years now and my retired-teacher husband has just taken a permanent sub position for a teacher on maternity leave. We have found Blue Apron to be very helpful for meals: we still have to do the work, but all the ingredients are there without one of us making the trip to the grocery store; someone else has thought out the most efficient way to get the meal done; we have good meals ... and leftovers for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:03 PM

    we LOOOOVE those noodles because the kids can do them on their own without their overprotective mom [me] having a cow about them using the stove in our absence. #readynoodles4eva -- Steph

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.