Thursday, January 06, 2022

A most beautiful listen


Have you ever listened to the Bible on tape or phone or youTube?  I have not, but decided to find a source.
I tried an app and found it hard to work and thought maybe I'd like to listen to a woman's voice for some reason.  As I searched youtube I happened upon this gentleman.  I started listening and LOVE it.  What a glorious voice and beautiful reading.
His name is Sir David Suchet.  He is an actor.  I think he is Poirot.  I know he is born again.

But anyway, along with this reading of St. John Mr Suchet has read the whole Bible for audio.  Isn't that wonderful?  I think so!
You can find it all on youtube.


Encourage one another,
Donna

I have always heard that if someone has never read the Bible and is seeking, have them start with St. John

 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Sir David Suchet played Poirot for 25 years and is a Christian. I got his Bible audiobook on Audible. Mom and I love to listen to him read...it so beautifully and meaningfully read, without over doing it. He's on Twitter and seems like a kind, sweet man and there was never a better Poirot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Donna!
    For 3 years, I was listening to the Bible in One Year, a year-long daily app I found through HTB church and Nicky & Pippa Gumbel. They're the lovely couple that started the Alpha Course. Last year I took a break but I missed it a lot; I'm glad I have started again in 2022.

    David Suchet is the amazing narrator! :) And Nicky gives a short devotion for each section. It's a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:07 PM

    Thank you, Donna! I had no idea that David Suchet had read the Bible aloud. I am now going to purchase it on Audible so I can listen to it whenever I want. I have his video In The Footsteps of St. Paul where he tours in the Holy Land and speaks about it. It really is wonderful. He had previously looked for a Gideon Bible in a hotel room bedside table because he began thinking about his grandfather who had died, and a Bible wasn't there, but the next day he got a hold of a New Testament, started reading, and became a Christian. He is an actor I have long admired and I can't wait to hear him reading scripture.

    Debbie Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really wonderful, isn't it Debbie!!! I'm on the Mark. I'm going to listen to the whole New Testament for sure this year and perhaps start on the Old.

      Delete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.