Sunday, May 08, 2005

A day for Thanksgiving: Mother's Day




I miss thee, my Mother! Thy image is still
The deepest impressed on my heart.
~Eliza Cook



I am so thankful that I was given such a wonderful mother.

She was only 23 in that picture!!! I was baby #4.

Thank you God for the gift of such a dear, loving, mother.
"Some are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together.
-Pearl S. Buck"


Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
My mother.
-Jane Taylor


As Father's Day and Mother's Day rolled around each year I would ask my dad,
"When is Children's Day?"
He would reply, "Everyday is Children's Day."

I feel like everyday is Mother's Day.

Thank you, God, for giving me a husband and children.
Help me to continue to grow in my calling.

Happy Mother's day to all.

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.