Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I have a photography mentor.
She just doesn't know it.

She is my imaginary mentor.

Her name is Jasmine Star.

Fun Jasmine Video


Jasmine Blog



Jasmine says that she looks for the moments just before the kiss and just after the kiss when shooting.
It's part of her style.
She is a wedding photographer and she is telling a story.




I don't really think of this as part of my style.
I'm all about the beauty shot.
The most beautiful light, the most beautiful angle, the most gorgeous eyes.
(And to tell the truth...Jasmine is more than able to rock the beauty shot)

But as I was looking thru some summer pictures this morning,
I was looking to see if I had naturally caught that in between moment once or twice.

I mean, really, I shoot on continuous...it's bound to happen, even if I'm not trying :o)





SKkissing

That's Sue and Keith, the love birds, at their son's wedding last summer.
The final picture is blurry so I just ignored it.
But, heck, it's not like I'm selling the pictures!!!
They are just for our memories and enjoyment!

I think it turned into a fun and sweet storyboard.




DSC_5710-2DSC_5714-2


DSC_5684-2

DSC_6286-2


DSC_6306-2
Beautiful Cindy with Katie's big fat head.
Ah well. What cha gonna do?
Cindy looks just like herself. So beautiful so full of life.

I noticed that. In those in between moments, people look more like themselves....
if you know what I mean.





Thank you Jasmine, my imaginary mentor, for your fabulous self.
You inspire me daily.




Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.