Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday....Wednesday....

Gosh....

What is happening today that I meant to remember???



*****

Prince William has asked Kate Middleton for her hand in marriage.
I tried to watch the video of the big announcement and the flashing and nose from the cameras was so loud I couldn't hear most of the answers.


I will never forget listening to Charles and Diana being interviewed, on the day their engagement was announced, when
Charles answered the question,

"Are you in love?"

Diana whispered, "'course." (meaning of course)

Charles responded with, "Whatever love is."


And I cringed.
And I knew.

(Jerk)

oh. did I say that.

oops.


It was a very bad beginning for Diana.




Here is a polite interview transcript you may like to read of Kate and Prince William's official interview.


Prince William and Kate

I'm glad William gave Kate Diana's beautiful ring.
Kate held her hand so funny during the press conference. (Like someone told her to make sure she showed the ring.)
Her hair looked very pretty. And she wore a blue dress just like Diana did. Her figure is remarkably like Diana's.

May William and Kate treat each other with love and respect for the rest of their lives....

Amen.



****

Yesterday I needed to make a dinner to take to a friend.

I decided to cook like it was 1975!


Last time I was in Minocqua visiting Nancy we sat at the kitchen counter and went thru some old recipes.
I remember this one for some reason. It comes from our dear next door neighbor, Mrs. Williams.

DSC_0940


Sour Cream Noodle Bake

8 oz. egg noodles
1 pound ground beef
1 T. butter
1 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
1/4 t. garlic
1 can tomato sauce
1 c. sour cream
1 c. cottage cheese
1 c. chopped green onion
1. c. cheddar cheese

Cook noodles, rinse and drain. Brown beef in the butter. Now add the salt and pepper and garlic and tomato sauce.
Simmer for five minutes.
Combine the cottage cheese, sour cream and onions in a large bowl.
Add the noodles to this big bowl and stir.

Layer in a 2 qt. casserole, ending with the meat on top. (I just put the noodles in the bottom and topped with the meat.)
Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top and bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.

DSC_0932
The noodles.
The sour cream and cottage cheese.
The bowl.

I am transported back to Wheaton Ill in 1975.....

And that's the truth.



****

Now what was so important about today?

OH yes!

The Throwdown with Bobby Flay and Ree Drummond.
Tonight.

Be there.

With your flowy, empire waist blouse on!!!



Love you.
Mean it.

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.