Tuesday, May 10, 2011

So I went looking for my pictures of Switzerland. And I found some other pictures.

Susan, from the comments lives in Switzerland and I thought I would share some of the pictures with her...and remind myself of the cities we visited. My friend Brenda and I backpacked around Switzerland and Austria in 1978 (we took a quick trip to Florence Italy also). To tell the truth we were inspired to go after watching The Sound of Music.

I can remember we went to Lucerne, Geneva, Zermat, Bern, and my favorite place with a waterfall which I can't remember but I am sure is written on the back of the picture. We went to Salzburg, Austria and took the Sound of Music tour. We stayed in youth hostels and had Eurail passes. We carried every thing on our backs. It was fun.

I love to go a wandering along the mountain path
and as I go I love to sing
my knapsack on my back.

Valer-ie
Valer-ah
Valer-ie
Valer-ah hahahahaha....


(do you know that song?)


But back to what I found.


A big box with pictures from the late 80's and the early 90's.

The pictures are mostly very bad quality. I am not kidding. It was so hard with film.
You had no control. You had no idea what you were going to get.
This, coupled with the lack of effort made for super poor picture quality.

Sometimes I tried to compose well...but have mercy...mostly I was just snapping away without any thought.

And that's okay. I mean what cha gonna do now. I will be happy to have the memories.

Here are some good memories and the best of the bunch (picture quality wise)


DSC_0621

Sue and Jeffery.

No control over the light. But at least it is nice and close and Sue's expression is sweet.

Jim Peck's. Minocqua.


DSC_0622

Janice and Janet. Marinette.

Flash pic. Adorable nonetheless.

Janice, I lost my smile. But I got it back.
I think you will get your smile back too.


DSC_0624


Matthew. Marinette.

I always loved this picture.
Now that I am more thoughtful about my picture making....I can see the qualities in this
that I look for now.

And just forgot about how adorable Matthew looks in the Burley!!! CUTE!


DSC_0625

Matthew has lost his smile too...but it is creeping back into his life...he can't help it when he is holding Asher.


DSC_0627


Good heavens. He is adorable. I think he is going to throw sand on me.

Washington Island. 1987



DSC_0628


Cindy, Brandon and Steven.Menominee Mich.

Same box. Cute pic. Very baggy shirts were in.


****


So the moral to the story is:

1. take pictures
2. think first
3. forgive yourself.
4. print your pictures
5. share your pictures


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.