Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Just a little photoshoot.



On Saturday Patrick, Katie and I went to Chicago to meet Emma's honey James.
We had not met him yet and really wanted to meet this man who had completely won Emma's heart.
We ate at Fork in Lincoln Square and talked and told stories and started getting to know James.
I brought my camera along because I wanted to take some couple pictures.  Emma shared with me how much they cared about one another....and well.... I wanted pictures!




A little American Gothic pose.





The essence of James.



We stood in a very chilly spot under the "L".
The light was definitely not 'right'.

But the way James looks at Emma....
Something special there....



They turned out so nice...
And by the way.  We were all freezing. 
They are not complainers.  Like me.
But I spotted some honest to goodness chattering teeth.









Wait...



 Where you going James?






Oh my gosh!

a proposal



At this point....I positioned myself as a photographer...
And tried my hardest.  Now I am not mom...
I am photographer ....  wanting to record this surprise, this amazing moment.
I only spoke once.....









I said. 
Go slow.













Oh and I said one more thing....
Did you say 'yes'?

Because all I could hear was clicking.
And that's okay.

I was honored to be there to see this amazing, precious moment...
but I also wanted them to have their private moment too.

So when they started to hug and kiss and whisper to one another....
I turned to the side and gave them a moment.

A perfect surprise proposal.




Emma and James have only known one another for a short time...
But they fell in love very quickly.  
For sure it was interest at first sight...
and very possibly love at first date.

Patrick and I have total peace about Emma and James.
Emma has never been happier and so sure.
James' parents say the same of him.

James lives in Missouri and grew up with Cindy's sons.  Cindy has know Jimmy since he was very young.  She loves him like a son.  Having this sweet connection is reassuring in a way. 
You can only imagine how excited and delighted Cindy is!!!

I have no doubt that James will fit into our family is a great way and these two are going to have a wonderful life together.

For as long as they both shall live.


With love and joy,
Donna



Favorite parts.
The kisses.
The hands.
The head touches.
The hand touches.
The leaning.
How they look at one another.

The Stats.
12/30/17
Seven degrees
Lincoln Square, Chicago







30 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:42 PM

    Love and heart eyes. I love Emma's hand on his face. Did you know ahead of time? Congrats to the beautiful couple. Met and married my hubs w/in 3 months. Celebrated 20 years in June. When you know, you know. ~Kristi in LV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic Kristi!!! Congrats ;)
      No I did not know!!!

      Delete
  2. This is more than I can bear. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo where you caption about James' look at Emma -- I saw that special look of love in his eyes in your photograph before I scrolled down and read your caption. The look of love! :) Also, George and Laura Bush were engaged after knowing each other for only three months and they've been married for 40 years!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful. Thanks for sharing a few thoughts on this amazing day.

    God bless them and keep them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how very, very blessed you are to have been a part of such a special moment in your daughter's life! Those pictures are beautiful - so full of love. I honestly have tears in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:18 PM

    I will never be able to explain to my family why I am sitting at my computer in California, teary eyed over the proposal of a beautiful woman I barely know. But I am. I just love these pictures, dear Donna. And I send my love and prayers across the miles to you and yours.

    May they know much joy and happiness in their love.

    Always,
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am almost bawling, it is so sweet! Congrats all around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:14 AM

    Oh, my! Such exciting news!

    While your list of favorite things is perfect, I would add that James' footwear is entirely cool!

    Congratulations to all the Bouchers!

    Love from Bridget in Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so in sync with each other! So precious! And the fact that he grew up with Cindy's boys is totally a God thing! 2018 will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew how this was going to end and I STILL teared up when he slipped off the bench! How special and fabulous and beautiful and I am so happy for Emma who I have loved since she was little(ish)
    He looks perfect for her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:00 AM

    Thanks be to God for answered prayers and Emma finding her soulmate.
    My husband and I only dated for three months before getting engaged and we have been married going on 47 years. James will be added to our prayers for the Boucher family. What wonder-filled and love overflowing news...and the photos are excellent! love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna, I loved hearing more of the story after swooning over the photos you've posted over the past few days. I love the connection to the family through Cindy. Wishing you and Emma and James all the love in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't comment often, but always catch your posts. I felt like I needed to comment here and wish you all the warmest of congratulations! I hope Emma's health is well and your 2018 is as blessed as the end of your 2017 was! Thank you for sharing this beautiful moment, which you captured just perfectly!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! How wonderful that he proposed while you were there meeting him and had your camera too! They will treasure these photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a thrill to be part of capturing that moment. I start thinking of having those photos to show children... if that's a desire of theirs. Did you know that this was planned, ahead of time? Or does James just have a wonderful sense of timing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also... "Just a Little Photoshoot"? You sly thing. You pulled us right into a wonderful scroll down surprise. You have a gift for storytelling.

      Delete
  16. That is just so special. There is no way I could have done that! I would have been shaking too badly from the cold and excitement. You didn't know? That's fabulous!! They look oh so happy. Congratulations again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous12:07 AM

    Oh, how beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this with us (and all I was hoping for was maybe a picture of James after your trip to Chicago!). So happy for the two of them. May Emma and James have many, many years together, full of love.

    Debbie Z.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I knew I was going to marry my husband on our first date. Fifty years later, I think it's lasted! Best wishes for the sweet couple and may they one day be celebrating their fiftieth wedding anniversary. Happy days, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just had to come and look at these again. These images of love warm my heart on this bitterly cold day. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so special and so wonderful! Thank you for sharing this special occasion with us! I saw the photo on Instagram and hoped you would write a post.😍 Congratulations, Emma and James!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is the best thing I have read in a while. So sweet and the pics are so perfect! Congrats to them both, wishing them so much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Alison2:19 PM

    Jimmy's (sorry, "James' "!) big sister here...I am so in love with these photos, and cannot wait to meet this magical girl who has completely stolen my brother's heart. Thank you so much for sharing your girl with him, and for capturing these amazing photos! I've truly never seen my brother like this with anyone, and I'm thrilled to know she's got such a wonderful family behind her as well. Love to you all from New York! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison, Thank you so much for leaving such a wonderful comment!
      Emma adores Jimmy. She speaks of his kindness above all.
      We are just so happy for them! Looking forward to meeting you and your family!

      Delete
  23. Just blog stalker here, who has watched your kids grow up, sniffffffffff, how sweet, tender, sniffffffffff and romantic......le sigh. Congratulations to Emma and James, snifffffffff, and the families gaining a new son and daughter, snifffffffff. someone is going to be over the moon being a bridesmaid ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous7:27 PM

    So very sweet. Congratulations!

    Debbie from Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, wow! I'm so happy for Emma! It's wonderful to have watched her grow up. So, Donna, was this proposal a surprise to you too? What a treat to be there with your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous8:24 AM

    Congratulations! How very very wonderful

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  27. I haven't looked at your blog for a while (sorry!), but, oh my, first to read Emma is (was, at this point) getting married and then to keep scrolling and see you were there when he proposed! So exciting for all of you. Congratulations to everyone! I have been reading your blog for so long, Katie was just a little peanut!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.