Wednesday, October 06, 2021

Dead in a Ditch




Do you know this song by the Avett Brothers?  
It's called Murder in the City.
It starts off with such an odd premise, so odd that it reminds me of what I always say to the kids when they are on the road and I don't hear from them....  "I thought you were dead in a ditch." 

After the song starts with the idea of murder,  it veers off to the most lovely, tender expressions of family love.

Maybe when the boys (Avett Bros) left home their mother said, "Don't get Murdered in the City."

What do you think?

Encourage one another,
Donna Elsie




 

2 comments:

  1. Donna, you always introduce me to music I would not ordinarily know about and I appreciate it. I was listening to the album Painted Red by J.J. Heller just this week. You brought her to my attention years ago. Thanks for all you do! Love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to this old song by the Avett Brothers when you posted it today. After that I listened to it about a dozen more times and bought the albums it's on (Gleam II) and haven't been able to get it out of my mind! I have loved the Avett Brothers for years but life has gotten in the way and I had forgotten it. Everything they do has so much love even though you wouldn't expect it at times. Thank you for this loving reminder of beautiful music. A Quiet Life is love.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.