Thursday, October 21, 2004

Bandwagon

No, no...not the movie with Fred Astaire (he he)...

The October World Series Bandwagon!

I could care less about baseball in general. I have not watched one bit of baseball until Monday night. When I watched the Yankees and the Red Sox game.

You see...I like the story better than most any game. I like the drama, the player's families and best of all, the curses.

If it weren't for 'The curse of the Bambino' I doubt I would have cared.

But, I am caring more and more with every game.

So here goes: Theeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees.....lose.

For those of you who are not following baseball. The Yankees were up 3 games to zero. The Red Sox fought back and won the next four. This is unheard of. Historic.

So the Houston Astros and the St. Louis Cardinals have to duke it out in their seventh game tonight to see who will go to the World Series and play against the Rex Sox.

I have two sisters in Missouri...so of course I will cheer for their Cardinals. (Sorry to all my friends in Texas :o)

Matthew, who knows about these things, and thinks it was very funny when I professed, "Oh everybody here hates the Yankees," on the phone the other night,
says the Cardinals are the best team. I believe him.

Well...no matter what, the Red Sox are going to a World Series and the only thing better than that would be if the Chicago Cubs were going! The Cubs have an even longer curse with fans as loyal as the Red Sox... but not quite as rowdy ;o)

So I am officially a bandwagon jumper. My baseball season runs about two weeks.

Play Ball!
Mrs. October

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.