Wednesday, October 27, 2004

My parrot

I have a little parrot
Her name is Katie Grace.
If I don't keep my mouth shut
I'll have egg upon my face.

Yesterday, Emma and the Tigers played their last game of the season. The final game...in the rain. Ick. I just don't like to get wet. I know, I'm a wimp.

So we sat in the car and watched the game. Katie was free to climb all around and pretend she was having a picnic in the back and even got to sit in front and pretend she was driving! How thrilling for her :o)

I knitted.

The Tigers won! They hustled, got drenched, had fun, and won.

After the game, lots of the parents and players like to go out to eat together. So I took Emma over to the restaurant. As we talked in the entryway of the restaurant a few ladies commented on my dry state. A little guilty, I replied, "I don't do wet." We chuckled.

Katie and I left a few minutes later. I couldn't stay; I just couldn't. After being on the go since 9:00 a.m. all I could think of was, "There's no place like home. There's no place like home."

Home pulls me like a magnet.

So Emma stayed, with the assurance of a ride home.
Katie and I trotted out to the car in the rain.
And I heard Katie chirp, "I don't do wet."


Be gone, now, O clouds

There is an eclipse tonight. If ya didn't know.
Science class right outside your back door.

Looking to the heavens.
Donna

p.s. I have finally done it! I have spelled 'restaurant' correctly! Wait until I tell Emma. She will be so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.