Six kisses when you wake...
Six candles on your cake!
Happy Birthday Katie!
I love you to infinity and back plus one.
Illustration by the wonderful Linnea
A Christmas Meme
1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider?
Sometimes hot chocolate....sometimes apple cider....
I don't drink many hot drinks.
I wonder how Diet Dr. Pepper would taste hot?
2. Turkey or Ham?
Turkey. As long as I have lots of gravy to go on it :o)
3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree?
Real tree. A must.
4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
Very few. One very nice wreath :o)
A Christmasy flag.
Sometimes a few lights on shrubs.
5. Snowball fights or sleddin'?
7. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
I would prefer an outdoor mall....like Oakbrook to an inside mall.
8. Favorite Christmas song?
I like most hymns sung in the Christmas season. Big loud singing by a whole church!
Songs that everyone remembers, loves and delights in singing.
10. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
11. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
I prefer to wait until just a few days before Christmas.
12. Stockings before or after presents?
13. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?
Very....very....rarely do we get carolers!!!
14. Go to someone else's house or they come to you?
In-laws come to our house on Christmas Eve.
My sister-in-law has us over sometime during the Christmas break.
15. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when?
We listen to Linus read it.
Perhaps we should read it today.
16. What do you do after presents and dinner?
Watch television...usually sports...
I look around for a movie to watch.
17. What is your favorite holiday smell?
Fresh winter air.
18. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
I hate walking around the mall.
I wish I could skate like I use to.
19. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?
We do the relative exchange on Christmas Eve.
Family presents in the morning.
20. Favorite Christmas memory?
When Katie was born...and we came home on Christmas morning.
21. Favorite Part about winter?
How pretty it looks.
Sleeping with the window open and having a cold face and warm bod.
22. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
Yes. The last misletoe I remember was in Wheaton ( in the 70's)....and I'll bet my sister Cindy kissed me under it. She was probably being sweet and silly!
Which she usually is :o)
We have company coming tonight...
I have gifts to wrap, food to prepare, a cake to bake, a house to clean, a song to sing....
I better get this party started :o)
Happy Christmas Eve day to you all!