Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Three nights in a row I have read The Count of Monte Cristo...and I have no idea who the author is talking about. But I plod along gathering information and hoping it will come to me. Who is Morcerf? I have a vague recollection of that name...but who is it?

Last night I go back 300 pages and look for the name. I look for the men that Cristo hates...Danglars, Villefort, Fernand.
Nope.
No Morcerf.

So this morning I visit my trusty information place.

IMDB

Internet movie data base.

Yes. I visit a movie site. Because here is where I know I can find the movie of The Count of Monte Cristo and a list of the characters.
Here is where my cultural literacy begins and pretty much ends.


And there it is. Fernand Mondego, Count of Morcerf

Ah yes,
Fernand, the man who loves Mercedes, the man who sends the Count to prison, has become the Count of Morcerf.

Now I remember.

Thank you internet movie data base!


************

And so The Amazing Race Family Edition comes to an end.

Man, those editors really worked it at the very end.

If you didn't see the finale. The Linz family raced to the million dollars just seconds ahead of the Bransens. Well....it looked like seconds. In fact, it looked like the Bransens would win. But actually, the Linz family won by a few minutes.
It was the closest final leg I have ever seen.

The final task was putting a giant puzzle together. I loved this.
It was a map of South, Central and North America.

The Bransens and the Linz families got to the map almost at the same time.
It was exciting.

(Katie and I have done some of her 100 piece puzzles so many times...I ask her if we can time ourselves. Play beat the clock with the puzzle...no she says, she doesn't like to do that. She would rather enjoy the puzzle.)

Good for her :o)

Here is an online place the state game. Place the States
It's a good one!




~actual size

Ho Ho!

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.