Monday, February 12, 2007

I'll bet you didn't know this...
I am easily discouraged.

I try not to let on here on the blog because I feel like my job is to encourage others.

And how encouraging in a discouraged Donna?

Not at all.

But I just got off the scale.
(I weigh in on Monday.)
And I am up two pounds.
And in the last seven weeks I have worked so hard to lose...and I just don't lose.

I am counting my calories, walking every day, drinking my water, and not eating after 7:00pm at night.

And I am not losing.

As you know, I lost on the Fat Flush.
But I also lost my hair and hated the no bread diet.


But, I think I have come to the conclusion that I can not eat bread products and lose weight.

I don't understand it.

But, I am going to cut out all but one starch a day and see if I lose.

I have to have one starch a day.

I mean. Come on!

Why doesn't limited calories + exercise = weight loss for me?

I have been told don't eat too little or I will put my body in starvation mode.
So I have been careful to eat the required "points".
Still no weight loss.

So no carbs for me, baby.
And it makes me mad.
And it makes me sad.
And I really don't want to eat like this(low carb) for the rest of my life.

But I really, really, really do want to lose weight.
And boy, I get discouraged when I work super hard on something...
and it doesn't work.

And I don't understand it.

If you can tell me why eating bread makes me not lose weight.
Tell me in Kindergarten terms.

Cause I have read all the books and I end up thinking they are hooey and I really don't believe the hype.

And actually, if I combine the suggestions from all the books I have read,
the only things I can eat are vegetables and olive oil.


Now, because I love food.
That is just depressing.




So starting today, it is the low carb diet for me.

I am not happy about it.

But I fear I don't have a choice....

if I ever want to lose weight.

So long, evil friend.







Tomorrow, I'll be back to blogging the good parts.

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.