Friday, March 12, 2010

DSC_4041-2

Two hundred yards from the bur oak stands this huge light barked tree.
It's just beautiful.

DSC_4041-3

I think it is a sycamore.
Look how the light reflects off of its creamy skin.
It's even more impressive in real life...it glowed.



***

Tonight I will be attending a really special event.

Our Stephanie is preforming tonight with Fernando Ortega at a local church.
I love hearing Stephanie play the piano and sing. Her voice is very beautiful...a gift from God.
I haven't heard Fernando sing yet, but I hear wonderful things about him.

If you would like to attend, there may be tickets still available.

Ortega/Stephanie link


*****


I hear the robins are back in our area! I haven't seen one yet this year but Anita has and she left a
great comment on my facebook that I wanted to share here....
she just cracks me up.



Byron and I saw about 2 dozen robins in a tree!
I tried to hug them but they flew away in a panic.
~Anita Klumpers



I am on the lookout and I am determined to find a robin today.


TO THE FIRST ROBIN

by: Louisa May Alcott (1832-1888)

WELCOME, welcome, little stranger,
Fear no harm, and fear no danger;
We are glad to see you here,
For you sing "Sweet Spring is near."

Now the white snow melts away;
Now the flowers blossom gay:
Come dear bird and build your nest,
For we love our robin best.



"For we love our robin best."



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.