Saturday, July 31, 2004

All In

We had so much fun playing Texas Hold 'Em last night!

Have you heard of this game?

I hadn't...but it seems to be all the rage.
I have seen it played on Bravo and my son tells me they play all night at college. (Ah...that explains it.)



The best part of playing any game for me, are the laughs.

*Calling all English Lovers*
Help me with the above sentence. I typed it. I re-read it. I like having 'are the laughs' at the end. But it sounds a bit wrong. Should it be 'is the laughs'? That sounds wrong to me also.

'Laughs' is the subject, 'are' is the verb and 'part' is the direct object, I think?

Too often I write by 'ear' and not by rule.

If you were grading my sentence, would it have red marks all over it?

Blue Moon

It's tonight!

Blue Moon
1.The second of two full moons occurring in the same month.
2.The third full moon in a three-month calendrical season that has four full moons.

Tis the witching hour of night,
Orbed is the moon and bright,
And the stars they glisten, glisten,
Seeming with bright eyes to listen
For what listen they?
John Keats (1795 - 1821)

Encourage one another,
Donna

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:12 PM

    I all the tіmе emаiled thiѕ websіtе рoѕt page tο аll my friеnds, bеcаuѕe іf like to
    гead it neхt my lіnkѕ ωill too.


    Аlѕo visit mу wеb ρage: buy toys today

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.