Wednesday, July 28, 2004

The Pool



We had such a great, summery, day yesterday.
The girls and I met some friends at a swimming pool in the afternoon.
Katie mingled, I chatted and Emma tanned.

Going to the pool is the epitome of summer fun.

Can you imagine our town DOES NOT have an outdoor pool?
And the whole town of Madison DOES NOT have a public pool!

It really cramps my style.

*Opps...I just remembered my New Years Resolution not to complain...

*Get thyself to a pool more often!

Fellowship

Last winter I attended a Mom's Support/Bible Study at the church we attend. One of the leaders held a family get together at her home last night.
She had a great idea for the meal.

Assemble your own Cobb Salad.

We all brought chopped ingredients and Melissa supplied the lettuce, yummy grilled chicken and dressings. (She also had a lovely basket of bread and muffins and cute, colorful cupcakes)

Isn't that a great idea?

I was so happy to be able to go as a family. It's kinda hard to roust the big guys out of the house on a 'school night'.

Katie mingled, I chatted, Matthew, Emma and Patrick Sr. met some new people, tossed the football and threw a few water balloons.

It brings to mind Garrison Keillor's description of the folks at Lake Wobegon.

"Where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking and all the children are above-average."

Wish you were here,
Donna



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.