Monday, September 03, 2007

Gather round. We're a goin' to the Rock River Thresheree!


DSC_7640

DSC_7622
I saw this right after asking a woman for directions.
She wanted to hand me a map.
I already had a map.
I said, "I can't read the map. I don't know where we are on it."

The woman thinks I'm a ditz.


DSC_7496

DSC_7503

DSC_7502
Click to enlarge this one. They hay is really flying :o)


thresseree
See those big bands?
They were attached to a big loud smelly old machine.
Those bands were turning the conveyor belt that carried to hay into the thresher.


DSC_7515
We saw rows and rows of tractors and machinery.
There is even a spot calle macherinery row.

DSC_7516
Not unlike a row of corn.


DSC_7551
We were headed for this little steam engine.
When I looked at the list of activities at the Edgerton Thresheree,
this is the one I thought Katie would like.

DSC_7562
The whilstle was loud and exhuberant!
And the smoke was pretty and smelly.

Click on the smokey picture to see it larger. It's cool larger.


DSC_7559
This small train was needed to go over a small bridge.

DSC_7542
A view from a wee train.


We went in search of some food.
And while we munched our burgers and brats,
I spotted my true love.

Most people were watching all mannrer of tractors parade down the lane.

But this International A120 circa 1958 had me at hello.

DSC_7596

DSC_7602

DSC_7606

DSC_7593

DSC_7594

Truck love.
There's no explaining it.


(In my dreams I own this truck and a pair of Lisa Loeb cat eye glasses, don't cha know.)


And then I bumped into this young fellow in the parade line.

DSC_7568
He was driving a small Farmall tractor.
(His daddy was walking along side him.)

I asked, "You mind?"

He smiled a bit and gave me this almost wave.

DSC_7571
He's an excellent driver.

DSC_7574
So-long.

WTB:Wideanglelens
On the way out, we came face to face with the best fire trucks ever.
And not only are they bright and totally adorable...

DSC_7627

The most perfect hood ornament adorns the hood.

DSC_7639


My sentiments, exactly :o)
DSC_7641

Wasn't that fun!


Have a wonderful day, whatever you may be doing!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.