Thursday, September 27, 2007

Party Time!
Donna's House.


From our birthday, until we die,
Is but the winking of an eye.
- William Butler Yeats


us
Pictured: Nancy in front, little Sue, me in mom's grasp, and young, young Esther.
I was thinking about this picture and I wondered where Jimmy was? At first, I assumed that Dad took this picture...but ya know what? I think Jimmy got up that lawn chair and took this picutre! Doesn't that seem to make sense?
Our mom was right around 23 in this picture. Isn't that something?



There was a star danced, and under that was I born.
-- William Shakespeare



Perhaps middle-age is, or should be, a period of shedding shells; the shell of ambition, the shell of material accumulations and possessions, the shell of the ego. ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh



Oh! be thou blest with all that Heaven can send, Long health, long youth, long pleasure--and a friend.

~ Alexander Pope



"To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent that is to triumph over old age."
-- Thomas B. Aldrich


Yes. Mr. Aldrich.

I like that very much.

That will be my goal.

To be just so.


:o)



God wants us to live an abundant life.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."
~John 10:10

I am so blessed....with an abundance of love and joy and faith and hope.




And comments :o)



I'm just so glad to be here :o)


Encourage one another,
Donna

p.s. Leave a birthday comment. It's a tradition :o)

birthday loot

heartcake
Look at this wonderful heart-shaped cake.
What a delightful gift! It's just my size :o)
Thank you, Nancy (and girls)
I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.