Wednesday, January 13, 2010

12/365

"The shortest day has passed, and whatever nastiness of weather we may look forward to in January and February,
at least we notice that the days are getting longer. Minute by minute they lengthen out. It takes some weeks before
we become aware of the change. It is imperceptible even as the growth of a child, as you watch it day by day,
until the moment comes when with a start of delighted surprise we realize that we can stay out of doors in a
twilight lasting for another quarter of a precious hour."
- Vita Sackville-West

This was yesterday. I thought this exact thing as I took this picture at 3 in the afternoon...and then when I picked Katie up from Destination Imagination at 4:30 I was awed by the pink stripey clouds at sunset.

It helped that the sun shone. The days....weeks without the sun can be...difficult.

But oh! When the sun shines! My spirits lift...and I even leave the house to take pictures.

This year I have signed up to do a 365 on Flickr. Every day I must take a picture and post it to the group.
Now, I actually, already take a picture every day. But this exercise is stretching my creativity.

Finally on day twelve, I went for a drive. I was looking for a row of trees. Within ten minutes I had found my
row of trees, gotten snow down my boots and had accomplished my task.

Quickdraw MaGraw.

When it is cloudy, our world in Wisconsin is black and white and grey.

But when the sun shines. We have beautiful blue. Beautiful, cool, spectacular blue.


I think I will make potato soup today.

Winter is a time for soup.


Here is the recipe.

Donna's Potato Soup


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.