Monday, January 11, 2010

DSC_1756


"You could do that in a day!"

"I just did!"



I called my sister Cindy to talk me home yesterday afternoon.
I left Chicago at noon and was feeling sleepy around Rockford,
so I called Cindy. Cindy always makes me laugh.


As I pulled into Madison, I told Cindy I was almost home. 2 hours 20 minutes.
Great Time. Great great time from Chicago to our little town near Madison.

And that's when Cindy said....

"You could do that in a day!"

and I said.

"I just did! You could do that twice in a day if you wanted to!!"

But I know what she meant! She lives in Missouri. She can't really do the Chicago trip in a day!
She can do the St. Louis trip and the KC trip. But Chicago is out of her day trip reach.


I love that Emma is in Chicago for school. But my goodness, you should have felt how cold it was there yesterday.
I think I have to remember back to skiing in the UP to recall that kind of cold!

After getting Emma settled in her new dorm/apt. we walked a few blocks to get some Thai food.


DSC_1770

(My yummy soupy Chicken Coconut Curry.)

On the way there I put my scarf over my head like a babushka and begged Emma not to make fun of me.
She is young and had cute earmuff things on.

The food was delicious and warm.

Then we walked back and I jumped in the car to come home. I would have stayed longer but wanted to watch the football game at home.

DSC_1789

Longtime blog friend Kathyb said I should wave to her when I passed the Old Orchard Exit. But I realized that I don't go past her exit....seems I veer off to the West and miss her altogether.

Silly highways.

I still hope to meet you this year, too, kathy b :o)

***


I'd rather not talk about the game. It steals my quiet and peace of mind.




9/365

Let's talk about how you get your kids to drink water!!!

It is lip splitting season again!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.