Friday, August 27, 2010

For some reason,
I have an urge to go shoe shopping....


I went to zappos.com and looked at flats.

Vogue says the kitten heel is in.
Perhaps I need a pair of those for church.








Thought you would all like the red.
I think I could handle that heel.

:o)


****


Do you remember when you were nine months pregnant?
Do you remember those days when time stood still?

My daughter in law Melinda is really feeling all those feelings right now.
She is due in one week.

I think it is the hardest wait we ever have to endure.

It is emotionally draining and physically difficult.

I had insomnia with the girls. In fact, I was up watching To Kill a Mockingbird, timing my braxton hicks contractions,
once again, when I realized i was in real labor with Emma. We waited until the end of the movie and then we headed to
the hospital. It was 4:30 am.




Neighbors bring food with death, and flowers with sickness, and little things in between. Boo was our neighbor. He gave us two soap dolls, a broken watch and chain, a knife, and our lives.
One time Atticus said you never really knew a man until you stood in his shoes and walked around in them; just standin' on the Radley porch was enough. The summer that had begun so long ago had ended, and another summer had taken its place, and a fall, and Boo Radley had come out.
I was to think of these days many times. Of Jem, and Dill, and Boo Radley, and Tom Robinson, and Atticus. He would be in Jem's room all night, and he would be there when Jem waked up in the morning.







I will always remember that voice and that music and Emma being born...

Emma was born at 7:30.

It's a wonder we didn't name her Scout.
Or Harper.


***

If you have a reasonable way to induce labor or even some encouragement for Melinda,
feel free to share it in the comments.


Encourage one another,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.