Tuesday, August 03, 2010

My daughter in law was wondering this morning on her blog,
what do you dress your babies in?

How much do you get?
What the heck do they wear?

Well. I have my favorite things to put babies in and favorite stores.

But to tell you the truth,
my babies were very blessed with lots of clothes as gifts and hand me downs...
and they wore those.

I also have a thing for blanket sleepers and onesies.

To me a onesie and a denim diaper cover made a fine little outfit.
But when staying home for the whole day....onesies and little cotton sleepers were what they wore the most.


DSC_3221

One of my relatives must have loved izod. My boys had a lot of izod outfits.
Both boys wore this little footie thing a lot.

He is a mini preppie.

DSC_3230

Oshgosh by gosh.

Overalls were very big.

Patrick Jr. with Aunt Dorothy. Love you. Miss you. Mean it.


DSC_3231


Head wear.

Foreshadowing a favorite scene from our favorite movie.

Parenthood.

DSC_3235

Little monogramed sweaters with overalls.

Overalls are nice because you can mix and match with short sleeves and long sleeves..
and they generally don't need to be washed with every wearing.


DSC_3238

Little Matthew with Grandma Glyman in Lacoste one piece romper.
soft little terry cloth.

DSC_3241

Little overall shorts.

There is our happy boy.


DSC_3244


Diapers and skins.

Look at Matthew laughing at his brother.

Sweetest thing ever.


DSC_3246

Blanket Sleeper.

I have been known to unzip and tuck the blanket sleeper like a bustle so they could get around.


DSC_3249

Emma in the standard issue.

Happy girl.

DSC_3247

I was very hip. This is something I bought.
Biobottoms catalogue circa 1989.





****

Such sweet memories.

Was that my life?
It was so long ago.

How I loved my babies.




A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
Anonymous



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.