Friday, December 19, 2014

Winter concert 2014



Last night was the winter concert at Katie's high school.  I was not just the choirs this time, the orchestra and bands preformed.  Unfortunately  they did not have a program so I can't tell you the names of the songs I loved best.  But gosh, there are talented musicians in our little town!
I was delighted!

Katie's choir sang a funny song about the 12 days after Christmas.  It included hand motions and a little acting by the kids!!!  Too cute!  I bet some of you
may know it.  








They must wear black.  
I wish they wore robes.
Much less drama.
We wore robes in choir back in the day.
Red.




They ended with this song.  It sounded just like this :o)
Almost.

Delightful!


Encourage one another,
Donna



7 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh Katie looks adorbs. The 12 days after..I must look up. Sounds FUN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:57 PM

    Katie's dress is darling and the necklace makes it! We played " sleigh Ride" every single Christmas in band.............great stroll down memory lane :) Good shopping eye Mom! Karen F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the 12 Days song is the same one I have often thought of after my sister's choir sang it over 40 years ago..Here's a link to a choir performing it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDta3F6Ud1I

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:26 AM

    Beautiful girl and good memories from the song, too.
    Seems like we always had robes in all the choirs I was in growing up, but that dress is the cat's meow! love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:40 PM

    Lovely girl in a lovely dress!

    It is such a coincidence that, just this morning, Molly was reminiscing about her favorite winter band concert when she was in junior high. They played Sleigh Bells and she said it was such hard work, but such fun also, for the trumpets. I can't wait until she's home from her run so I can show her this post!

    Mary Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for choir concerts and girls home from college!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her outfit! #killinit

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.