Monday, February 23, 2015

Oscars Red Carpet 2015



Hi friends!  My red carpet review is a bit short this year.  I was gone for most of the show and recorded it so I rushed my way thru the red carpet and the show.  Here are the dresses that I liked well enough to go scouting for this morning.
Some people are very hard to find especially Idina Menzel.  She was a favorite and she happened to be in a bit with John Travolta that was my favorite part of the show.  After some work, I found the clip.
I'll comment a bit more on that below!

Here goes.






Keira Knightly in Valentino
You knew I would like this odd dress didn't you?
I luff her.



I bet you didn't know but black with that blue is my favorite combination. 

This is Cate Blanchett in John Galliano dress and Tiffany necklace.





Here is one for you lovers of red.  Rosamund Pike in Givenchy.
I adore that scalloped neckline.  I love scallops.






Our friend Jen.  She's amazing.





Chloe Maretz in Miu Miu.
I love this gorgeous fabric.  The shiloutte is a bit odd from the front. It looked a little Martha Washington.  But I didn't care.  I loved it anyway.





Sienna Miller in Oscar de la Renta.  I like the bows and the neckline.







Idina's red top, tiny waist and black skirt were perfect as was her makeup.  She was lovely.
John was scary weird, with that chain around his neck and glued on toupee.
He used to be my absolute favorite.  But it's been a long time since I've looked at him as anything other than a weird dude.
The way he kept touching her face.  ICK Factor.








Felicity Jones from The Theory of Everything.  She is very tiny but she can pull off this grand dress very well.  I'd say it's my favorite.  It is Alexander McQueen.  


So there you go.
Did you watch? What did you like about the show and the dresses?
I can guess what many of you liked.
(Can you believe I didn't love gorgeous Jennifer Lopez and her Elie Saab dress.  Not a good color in my opinion.)


Happy Monday.


Downton Abbey talk tomorrow.


Love ya,
Donna Elsie







15 comments:

  1. all I can say is LADY GAGA!!!! IM GAGA FOR GAGA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just now finally saw her clip - she was amazing and looked beautiful!!

      Delete
    2. I had goosies, tears and couldn't stop clapping!!

      Delete
  2. I watched about 5 minutes of the show last night... and coincidentally, they were the 5 minutes that Lady Gaga sang the Sound of Music tribute... She is absolutely amazing! I have no idea what she wore, but her voice... oh her voice! I got goosebumps watching..
    when I looked at People mag this morning, I thought Gwyneth Paltrow looked amazing in her dress...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was drawn to the same gowns as you, and thought Cumberbatch's wife looked lovely (and happier!)

    Jen's was just OK to me, but she looks fabulous as usual.

    I quickly looked at Time magazine photos this a.m., and immediately wondered if you would like Keira's gown :-)

    I thought Patricia Arquette looked good, but wasn't a fan of Julianne Moore's.

    Thanks, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:20 PM

    I can't believe it- Felicity Jones' dress was my absolute favorite also. I commented on it to my husband and he just looked like, "Ya. I guess." Like kathy b, I loved Lady Gaga's performance. Honestly, all these years when she has been quirky I had no idea what an absolutely fabulous voice she has. I also love her duets with Tony Bennett- so smooth and heartfelt. She probably has one of the most amazing voices of our time.

    Debbie Z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was shocked by lady Gaga too! Love her voice so much for than Idina Menzel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't get to see it all, but the ones I did see I was saying to myself, "I wonder if Donna likes that one?" ;)

    Yes, John Travolta has come a long way from the Welcome Back, Kotter days. Creepy much?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missed the Oscars, but have watched the highlights today. I love Gwenth's dress. We didn't see Downton either, so I am glad you have not put highlights here because even if you wrote "Spoiler Alert" I would still read it! We are going to watch it later this evening.

    How's Emma doing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:04 PM

    I did not stay up to watch, but could not wait to see your review of the dresses. I agree the ones you highlighted are lovely. And, I went just now in search of the Lady Gaga video. I too was amazed by her voice and kept thinking, "I wonder what Julie Andrews thinks?" And, then Julie Andrews came out and hugged her....so neat! Thanks Donna! love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your dress recaps - so very fun! I was excited this morning when I realized that you would have one today. :) I was so disappointed in Emma Stone's old lady dress -- but she seems to be getting some love for it. I also was a little disappinted in Reese Witherspoon's dress -- she looked so pretty ovreall but I suppose I have pretty high expectations for her given how well I think she does the pretty dress up nights.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried to comment a few times yesterday, but my comments were gobbled up. It was probably the internet’s way of telling me I was trying to say too much!! Ha! While long, the show had lots of good – both touching and funny – moments. Loved Lady Gaga’s performance and also loved that Eddie Redmayne won. He’s adorable! But most of all, loved seeing the beautiful gowns. Knew I could count on you to like Keira’s gown. There was not much love for it at the party I attended. Gwyneth Paltrow’s dress was another fave of mine. Thanks for the recap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked Rosamund Pike's dress very much. And I loved Johanna Moore's dress although it was panned by a lot of critics. But I saw Still Alice on Sat night and was so moved by her performance that I might have been biased. I though Oprah Winfrey's dress looked lovely on her. Score one for us big boned gals!! Gaga was pretty good but Common and John Legend's Glory performance was very powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed the gowns this year but honestly, no one's really stood out.
    I am very tired of JLo's breasts! Keep em covered, please!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Allison B11:45 AM

    I loved Chloe Maretz also, and Gaga singing her tribute to Sound of Music was my favorite part. Joanna Newsom is my new style favorite though. ( I couldn't figure out how to insert a picture) http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2125036.1424724403!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/gallery_1200/andy-samberg-joanna-newsom.jpg

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.