Tuesday, February 10, 2015

TWIRP/ How to ask a boy to a dance.



Katie wanted to invite Casey to the turnabout/Sadie Hawkins dance at his high school.  She had been thinking of a unique way to ask him for weeks.  Time was running out.  Then one afternoon we were driving along and "In your eyes" by Peter Gabrielle came on the radio.  I said, THIS! DO THIS!

Stand outside his house and play this song and ask him.



She liked the idea...and immediately came up with a great slogan to write on her poster.

Say Anything but no!

That's my girl!  Very clever!  She thought of writing the no with the pen all by herself and I applaud that stroke of 'genius'.  (In the movie the girl gives Lloyd a pen when she breaks up with him.)


So Saturday morning we went to Casey's house.
To snow was too deep in the backyard to ask him back there so the front door it was.

Katie knocked and knocked.
We couldn't find a boom box like Lloyd's...
so the iphone played In Your Eyes.








yes




TWIRP stands for 
The woman is responsible for paying.


Oh to be fifteen.



Well...in my mind....

haha



XOXO
Donna Elsie




For updates on Emma please check the comment section from yesterday.
I posted two, one last night and one this morning.
Love you.
Mean it.



19 comments:

  1. Great photos of a cute moment ... and what a sweet hug!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! For her to go for it when you suggested it says a great deal about your relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll continue to pray for Emma (and you) and her special test on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:43 AM

    What sweet photos and what a sweet time of life. Casey looks like a very nice young man. I hope he and Katie have a wonderful time at the dance. Be sure and share a photo later of them in their matching outfits (isn't that what Sadie Hawkins is all about?).

    Debbie Z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet. I am glad he said yes : ).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! I just watched that movie for the first time last year and loved it. Thanks for sharing! --Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, Good for Katie! Turn about rocks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea and execution!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:36 PM

    This does my heart good, thank you for sharing. Way to go Katie!
    Continued prayers for Emma and also for you Donna as you are parenting from a distance. That is great that you will be able to be with Emma for the test on Friday. I have had two of those tests in the last couple of months and it is amazing what they can tell from them. The test does make you feel oddly warm and drinking lots of water afterwards is important. love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to hear you have been having tests Jep,
      I will pray tgat your are getting good news and mending quickly!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous6:57 AM

      Oh my, I was not telling you to get sympathy truly. It is just old age and one test leads to another. The very good news is that they can tell so much and I found out about my organs that are healthy. Praying for Emma and you each one Donna and here at QLCS, too. love, jep

      Delete
  10. Awwwww! I confess to hardly noticing the hug because my mind was shouting, "WHAAAA? Detroit Tigers?" lolol

    Praying for you, girlfriend, and your girl!

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:57 PM

    Such a sweet moment captured by you. Love to you Donna........prayers for safe travels. PLEASE let me know if I can help in ANY way. Karen F.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay Katie! And you have to love a boy who goes barefoot in the winter:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet way to ask. She's so brave! Just looking at these pictures and the thought of asking a boy to a dance fills me with anxious butterflies. Way to go Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous8:52 AM

    What? another earthquaaaake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:53 AM

      This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  15. I LOVE this!! What a brave and creative girl!!! I assume he said yes?!!
    (But... he's a Detroit Tigers, fan, Katie!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.