Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A mighty fine sight!




No shopping today.



Random quote meme


Go here, to the random quotes generator, and look through random quotes until you find five that you think:

a) reflect who you are

OR

b) what you believe.


To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.
Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, 1895, Act I


A friend is a gift you give yourself.
Robert Louis Stevenson


Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.
Victor Hugo


Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.
Thomas a Kempis, Imitation of Christ


That's the way things come clear. All of a sudden. And then you realize how obvious they've been all along.
Madeleine L'Engle, The Arm of the Starfish, 1965



Man, that Thomas a Kempis quote should have been part of our wedding vows.


The meme took me a while...and I cheated a little. When I couldn't find a quote I liked....I clicked on a writer and looked at their other quotes....so these are not quite as random as they should be....

But I looked for a long time and couldn't find any quotes that said anything I wanted to "stand behind".

Plus, not one Bible verse popped up.

The Bible is full of verses that reflect what I believe....

I know, I'll choose five Bible verses tomorrow.



Wishing you;

"courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake."


Encourage one another,
Donna

I think it is time to read a book by Victor Hugo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.