Monday, August 07, 2006

One of my (our) bloggy friends is in China, right now, working as a medical missionary. (But I bet they aren't allowed to call it that. She is working with a medical team.)

You know Amy as Amy @ Good Soil...or perhaps you know her as Amy Loves Bud...
I know her as Dr. Hottie Bikini.
Well, this week she has put the Dr. hat back on and she is

Amy in China

You can follow her adventures on her blog.


"Like Jesus we belong to the world living not for ourselves but for others. The joy of the Lord is our strength."


"I see God in every human being. When I wash the leper's wounds, I feel I am nursing the Lord himself. Is it not a beautiful experience?"


"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."

~Mother Teresa




Emma and I went to see The Devil Wears Prada last night....this is a movie about people who are the complete oppposites of Mother Teresa. Completely.

Family, love, relationship...none of that is important.

Fashion...The Editor is god.

I am reminded of The Veggie Tales where everyone is forced to bow down to The Bunny.

If you don't worship The Bunny....it's all over for you.

The bunny, the bunny, oh, I love the bunny
I don't love my mom or my dad, just the bunny
The bunny, the bunny, oh, I love the bunny
I gave everything that I had for the bunny!


Ah. Idol worship.

We come by it so naturally.

(What is that verse about easily ensnaring??)

It's good to do an overview and reflect on what we may be making idols of...


I don't want anything to be more important to me than God.

But it doesn't always turn out that way.


I am thankful for God's Grace.

"Grace that is greater than all my sin..."


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.