Monday, August 28, 2006

My favorite fashions from the 2006 Emmy Awards.


I think I have noticed a trend.

















I love that all of these women are older than 30...

perhaps even older than 40!

Nope. I just checked, Debra Messing is 38.
Julie-Louis Dreyfus is 45 :o)
And Helen Mirren's age is immaterial, as our father would say.

She looked elegant, from head to toe.


I think variety and purple were the key fashion elements last night...

But around here, I only had one thing on my mind, I guess...

white.


The fashions were fun, the show was, as always, a disappointment (because my shows don't win) and the red-carpet hosts were goof-balls. They all tried so hard to be hip and clever and they all were just morons, basically.

Hey, but that's just my humble opinion.

I was wearing black pants, a boxy t-shirt, bare feet, a smattering of mascara and clean hair pulled back in a pony tail.

he he


*************


Our school visit was fun and interesting and tiring.

And, well, fattening.


But, it was a good experience. A lot more thought and prayer are in order, I think.

I love it and hate it at the same time.

Do you know what I mean?


Exciting and scary, all at the same time.

So many balls up in the air...

It takes a quiet spirit to deal.

And for me, that's hard to maintain. I will remind myself, over and over, during the next few months, that God is ultimately in control...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not on your own understanding. In all ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your way. [Proverbs 3:5, 6]



That will quiet my soul.



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.