(Not feeling so well, yesterday. Daddy took this picture.)
Our baby is eight years old today.
"Tomorrow when you wake up, you will be eight." I chirp as I settle Katie into bed.
"Well, I won't really be eight yet."
"Yes you will. You will turn eight in the night while you sleep."
It's funny how those details matter to a little girl.
Here are some more detail about our spunky little eight year old.
1. Katie was two weeks early.
2. She weighed 5 lbs. 6 oz.
3. She was seriously jaundiced and re-hospitalized.
4. She would not/could not nurse.
5. She has been dramatic from the start.
6. She has an open heart, filled with love.
7. Her favorite books are the Junie B. books.
8. She forgives just as easily as she loves.
We love her beyond measure and are thankful every day for our little girl.
It makes me cry to think that other children are not as wanted and loved.
That is who I will remember today.
The children who are in need of love, and warmth, and shelter, and medicine, and attention and a Savior.
That is who I will pray for on my Katie's birthday.
And I will say thank you, Lord, for your abundant blessings to us.
I wish this card said Merry Christmas.
I wish I had written out our names.
Next year. The boys and Melinda will be in the picture. Some way....some how.
Christmas love and blessings to one and all!