Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Overheard in the kitchen

Me: Hey, Katie, guess what we forgot at the grocery store?
Soap.

Katie: Oh. I'm so sorry. I didn't remind you.

Me: It's not your fault. I am such a scatterbrain.

Katie: No. You are not.

Me: It's okay. I am.

Katie: Noooooo.

Me: Katie, you are my biggest fan, aren't you?

Katie: Well, of course I am, I'm your daughter.





Ringbells.org
ringbells.org

One last plug for ringing bells.
Kinda, sorta.

Katie and I rang for two hours yesterday afternoon....and I think we gathered nearly one hundred dollars for The Salvation Army.

Is it bad form to talk about the money?
Well...I hope not.

What other activity can a little girl and her mommy do together where they earn that much for someone else?

A lot of shifts are still open in our grocery store....we may have to sign up for another.

I'll run it by my little people magnet.



*******

Thank you for taking me from 1% to 14% in one day over at the Homeschool Blog Awards!
That was fun to watch.
Thank you for taking the time to go over there to send me a little cheer.


*********

On giving.



If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give. ~George MacDonald


God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame. ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning





Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.