Wednesday, December 26, 2007

-2793
Thank you for all the special birthday wishes.

Love,
Katie


I think one of my most favorite things in the whole world are Katie's eyes.


Another favorite thing of mine is Beef Tenderloin with béarnaise sauce.

I am going to write how I cooked this so I don't forget.
Every time I cook this meal, I have to look it up on the computer.
So I will place it here and on my recipe blog so I will have it forever.
Or until the computers crash round the world.

I usually choose a 2.5 lb beef trimmed beef tenderloin.
Let it sit out and warm up a bit.

Set the oven to 450.

Place it on a pan and salt and pepper it. (I put butter on it, but this just caused a ton of smoke. So I won't do that again.)

Cook for 1/2 hour.

Temp of roast should be around 120 for medium rare)

Take it out of the oven and put in foil for 15 min.
(It needs a rest)


Our tenderloin turned out wonderfully last night. I must say that Miller's sold us a very nice piece of meat.
And only $18.00.

I mention the price because Patrick and I finally went out for our Anniversary dinner last week and we paid $33.00 each for a nice filet mignon. A la carte.

And it was very good. But mine was just as good :o)

And to tell you the truth....I like my bearnaise sauce better than most restaurants.

It's the Knorr béarnaise sauce from the package.

Isn't that a simple meal to prepare?


*********

Also on the food front. I made Ree's Pasta Primavera for Christmas Eve.

It was a bit thin at first. And I'm not sure what I did wrong.

But the left overs are fabulous heated up in the microwave.

Did you know I am still leery of the microwave?


*************

On Friday I am going to ask your for your Bucket List.

You have a few days to be thinking of it.

What is a Bucket List?

It is the list of things you want to do before you kick the bucket.

I learned this from watching coming attractions on the telly.

The Bucket List is the name of a movie that has just been released.


So start thinking. Whether I will ask for 5 is still up in the air. :o)


********

What will you do today?



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.