Monday, January 21, 2008

And now, for something completely different.



Picture 3.jpg-urchin

Lynn told me I needed to be all happiness and light today...
and being the middle child, I do what I am told.


How about that baby? Isn't that a spectacular image! I love it and it makes me very happy :o)
Urchin rock is a group of photographers out of England.

They have found their unique and wonderful niche.

Go visit and then come back to see my muffins.

Urchinrock.com



I nabbed this recipe off of April's website.

Salt of the Spirit


Thanks, April!


20080120_3835


"Best Banana Muffins" (aka Recipe 3)

Banana Muffins
3 lg. bananas
3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1/3 c. melted butter
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4-1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
Mash bananas; add sugar and slightly beaten egg, then melted butter. Add soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Mix and spoon into greased muffin cups (it does not rise very much) and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Yields 1 dozen (or so -- mine also made 7 mini-muffins).


These are even good if you forget the vanilla.

Don't ask.

20080120_3842.jpg-2

The plate is Matthew's baby plate, isn't it pretty.


*********



And I will confess that I Tivoed The Finale of The Amazing Race and watched THAT after the Packers.
AND Tivoed Northanger Abbey and watched that too.

My television watching capabilities are off the charts!

(Don't tell anyone.)


The Amazing Race cheered me up considerably after the Packer game.

Patrick and I were delighted with the winning team.

I cried for joy.
He looked at me, bewildered.

Do you want to know who won? Did you watch?

Let's talk about it in the comments in case you don't want to know yet.

(I can't imagine that many of you have the stamina that my husband and I have for back to back hours of viewing.)


And then I stayed up until midnight watching Northanger Abbey.

I liked it so well.

So much better than I thought I would.





Classic Jane.

(Masterpiece Theater is showing all of the Jane Austen movies from her books this winter. Sunday nights. PBS)


"A scheme of which every part promises delight, can never be successful; and general disappointment is only warded off by the defence of some little peculiar vexation."

JANE AUSTEN, Pride and Prejudice



Encourage one another,
Donna

p.s. Do you bake bread with yeast?
If so, send me the recipe.
It must be tried and true.
Must be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.