Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Labor of Love

Aunt Jemima.

As you can tell, by the plastic plate, Lynn wasn't here to help stage this picture.
But she did stop by yesterday for what I hope will be a new New Years Day tradition.

A visit to Donna's to surf the net and work on webpage design.
And Lynn brought along a pair of gorgeous socks she knit for her mother.
The pattern is delicious.
Why didn't I take a picture of those?


Lynn also brought along her little son to play with Katie.

This was the best New Years surprise for Katie.

Katie and Benj played wonderfully together....and never bothered us once.

I love it when children can play together without any micromanaging.

Do you know what I mean?

I hope Benj will want to play with Katie again!!!


Back to the pancakes....

I have a scheme, a plan, an adventure in the kitchen I want to share with you all.

Perhaps you'd like to join me, perhaps not.


But this year, I am going to make a new recipe every week.

I have beautiful cookbooks, that I never use.

I really feel like challenging myself like this.

As I start out, I feel like the hard part will be the choosing and the shopping.

(The shopping is hard because I ALWAYS forget something and have to go back to the store.)






Ina Garten is my favorite cookbook author of all time.

Her show is my favorite of all time too.

The recipes I have tried from her books are excellent.

I would like to be half as gracious and hospitable as she is.

Anyone want to come over and dine with me?


Happy New Year dear friends!

We're off to another year of blogging and living and loving and fun!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.