Monday, January 14, 2008

Week Two of Fifty Two New Recipes.


20080112_3508


20080112_3509

This is the ugly sister of Ree's Olive-Cheese bread.

She has fair skin (must be a Dane) because no amount of time would give her that golden glow.

I think my oven is on the cool side.

20080112_3513.jpg-2

But, that did not stop us from eating it :o)

This was our game day food.
It was very filling.

Especially when you follow it with Malted Milk Balls and Chocolate Coated Peanuts.


Here is the recipe:

P-Dubs Olive Cheese Bread

********



At half time of the game, I started assembling The Barefoot Contessa's Cheesecake.

I ran back and forth while the cheese cake was mixing and baking to watch the game.

Nothing difficult here, except if you're like me and can't find the zester.
I had to slice the yellow part off the lemon and try to dice it very finely.

Only hours later did I figure out that I could have used the grater.

So, there are some chunks of lemon in the cheese cake.

But, just a few, and since it is just for us....I am not too distressed by this unfortunate incident.

This cheesecake takes a very long time to bake.

Make sure you have a timer.

After it comes out of the oven, it is suppose to rest on the counter three hours before putting it in the fridge.

And really, it is not to be eaten until the second day.

(I'm sure if you woke up early and made it, it would be fine for after dinner.)

It is a delicious moist cheesecake.
The crust is just right.

I would make it again.




The beauty shot.

Recipe Two

You may find the recipe here


***********

"All the knives and forks were working away at a rate that was quite alarming; very few words were spoken; and everybody seemed to eat his utmost in self-defence, as if a famine were expected to set in before breakfast time to-morrow morning, and it had become high time to assert the first law of nature."

~Dickens
Martin Chuzzlewit


Food and Dickens always reminds me this great movie clip.



Notice the sign at the back of the 'lunch room'.


Happy Monday friends!
Did you have a great weekend, too?


Did you was Masterpiece Theater last night?

Persuasion was on and it was quite nice. Especially the ending.

Oh!!! And the Amazing Race ended in the most satisfactory way!!!

I yelled and cheered!!!

(That awful, mean girl is gone.)


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.