Thursday, May 21, 2009

American Idol.

No matter how hard the judges and producers tried (and they tried real hard) they could not push Adam over the top to win.
I only watched the last ten minutes of the show but saw Adam and Kris singing with Queen. My gosh! Talk about an obvious push for Adam. And actually I think Adam is much more interesting and talented BUT the voters did not.
What I think is, lots of the Danny votes went to Kris.
I was not very invested in this show. I didn't vote nor do I buy the 'records'.
But I love the drama of it all just the same.

Did you notice that three of the judges stood to clap for Kris and Simon sat?

It will be interesting to watch what happens next.


***

We got to attend a "pre-performance" of the grandparents program last night.

It was delightful and funny and organized and sweet.

Blessed Sacrament is really and truly the school that time forgot.

The children sang a few patriotic songs with pride and glee.
They sang songs I sang in music class as a young girl.

Ode to Grandparents
Hello Grandmas, Hello Grandpas (Hello Dolly tune)
Sakura
Hukilau
Kookaburra
Danny Boy
Irish Lullaby
Tarantella
Havanagela
Frere Jacques

And then the dances! To see little seven and eight and nine year olds dance with their bright costumes was adorable and fun!

There was the waltz, and the salsa and an Asian ribbon dance and a polka.
Oh yes. Hip Hop too!

It was all so innocent and respectful and darling. I felt like I was in the 1940's...without the racism and horrid world war.

The grandparents are going to LOVE their day with the children today!

Hooray for the wonderful teachers at Blessed Sacrament and the dozens of volunteers!


Last Saturday we went for a drive and Patrick spotted a row of trees.
He knows I am on the look out for rows of trees :o)

DSC_1158-2 copy

There is plenty of contrast in that shot to try a black and white.


DSC_1159-cr

But the greens. Oh man.
Southern Wisconsin is stunning this time of year!


You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink.
~G.K. Chesterton


We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.
~Thornton Wilder



Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it?—every, every minute?
Wilder/Our Town




Encourage one another
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.