Wednesday, June 03, 2009

The number one thing I am struggling with on the Fat Flush Diet is the ban on salt.

I would have thought I would be craving the bread and the sugars....

but no.

It's definitely the salt.

Emma and I went grocery shopping and bought tons of vegetables.
I bought a bunch of fresh radishes. I really like fresh radishes.
But it tortured me not to be able to sprinkle a little salt on them.
They just are not as good without a little salt sprinkled on them.

And by the way?

Do you sprinkle salt on your watermelon?
In our house, growing up, we did.


And then I made a special soup.
I put in ground beef, onion, garlic, green beans, spinach, tomato puree, water, celery and carrots.

Oh my. This needed salt so badly. So I added 1/2 teaspoon.
That was almost the only rule I broke yesterday.

I didn't take all my vitamins and I only had one tablespoon of flax oil, instead of two.
And I think I only drank six glasses of cranwater instead of eight.

But I did eat my two portions of protein and two portions of fruit and lots of veggies AND two eggs so that is a success.

And did I forget to tell you?

No caffeine on this flush.
That means NO Diet Dr. Pepper.
So yes, I am in a fog with a headache. But that should go away today.

RIGHT!?

I can barely stay awake until ten o'clock without my pop.

Do you realize how much 'zip' your daily dose of caffeine gives you?

It is very clear once you stop consuming it.

I don't like it. I like feeling alert all day and night.
I'll let you know when this sleepy feeling leaves.

It may be natural, but it's really annoying.




****


If you will indulge me....

All of these picture are sooc. No editing at all.

I am thrilled to pieces with the white balance and focus and iso in this camera.


DSC_0276 soocDSC_0277 sooc


DSC_0283 sooc

DSC_0335 sooc

I am in awe!

DSC_0306-2

This one, I cropped. So it is not in the sooc category.
(I should edit that black jacket out of there.)

Did I say that I am loving this camera?

My D80 was a great camera but it was old and worn out and wouldn't do what I wanted it to do anymore.
And then my experience with the D300 just about sent me over the edge.

So you can imagine my joy at using a camera that is working at it's peak.
Unbelievable.

I'm still learning how this camera exposes and I keep bumping buttons which are placed where I use to hold my camera.
But those are very small challenges!

***

"Of all smells, bread; of all tastes, salt."
George Herbert, English poet (1593-1633)


"Where would we be without salt?"
James Beard (1903-1985)


"With all thine offerings thou shalt offer salt."
Moses, Leviticus


****

The camera makes you forget you're there. It's not like you are hiding but you forget, you are just looking so much.
Annie Leibovitz



So true, Annie.



Thank you all for the wonderful, thoughtful comments yesterday.
I really do love reading what you have to say.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.