Wednesday, March 02, 2011

DSC_6728slumpartcr


Last February 25th I headed down to Missouri to spend time with Sue.
She had just gotten the news of her brain tumor.

Sue left this comment in my comments here on this blog on the morning of Feb. 26th.





sistersue

Everyone and everything is here safe and sound. Blessings to my family for rallying around a sister with a brain defect. Note to self. Pay attention to family and friends. Love you all. MEAN it. UNF t is not just an infection. I might be out for awhile. But I'm not fretting about that. Gotta give something up. I should see all my siblings and closest friends by the end of this month. Parent Teacher conference today, too. Seems I'll be missing those as well. My sister Cindy is teasing me...what I won't do to get having Pt conferences. I have had a couple of dozies.. I love my kids and their parents. I WANT to visit with them. I'm going to sip my coffee, wash my hands and go find my CAT! Have a great day. Love you all. MEAN IT!





Love you all.
MEAN IT!





A saying was born.
The tone was set.

The next two months would be all about loving one another as best we could.
Sue's legacy is one of love. Love she had for her husband, children and family, love for her school, friends and students.

And love for her cat, apparently ;o)

It would be a time where we could show Sue how much we loved her.
It was a time of great love and kindness.



I would go back to visit again at the very end of March.

As I drove out of the driveway to head back home to Wisconsin,
Sue called after me,

Love you!
Mean it!



It came straight from her soul.
And I will never, ever forget it.
It was the last thing she said to me.






DSC_3877


As the song says, we are all just a phone call from our knees....


Now is the perfect time to love one another and to really mean it.



Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails;

1 Corinthians 13:4-8


And that, dear friends, is what I believe love is.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.