Monday, April 25, 2011

In which our young character is showing off in school.

In the book I am reading Paloma is describing how she loves grammar and
she is describing how stupid her teacher is. She is arrogant and I don't like that
quality in a person. Paloma does come up with some valuable thoughts and ideas. Not
just boasting.

"And on the way home I thought: pity the poor in spirit who know neither the enchantment nor the beauty of language."

And I thought.

I pity the fool.

Because like Fezzik and his rhymes, I have lines from television and movies that pop into my brain.

I suppose if I were saturated with Bible verses, Bible verses would pop into my brain.
Well, in my defense, just this weekend, Emma was talking about Joy....and I said almost exactly like
Christopher Walken, The joy. of the Lord. is my strength.

It came out all choppy and funny and we laughed and laughed at my delivery of the scripture.

Not as smooth as my 'I pity the fool.'


I don't mind if people are smarter than me.
Most people are.


And furthermore I don't pity the person who doesn't get it.
They don't know they don't get it and they are usually just happy as clams.

Amen.


****

DSC_9129-cr

DSC_9123

DSC_9146

The play was a great success!
Katie loved it so much.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.