Wednesday, April 04, 2012

After the Spring party in the cold Chicago air, we went inside to clean up and warm up.
We decided to celebrate Emma a little bit.

DSC_9080


DSC_9081

Three lovely people brought Emma flowers.
Emma says she likes flowers better than chocolate.


DSC_9084


These colorful and cute flowers came from Mary and Molly. Mary has been reading Quiet Life for about five years we think.
(feel free to correct me :o) Mary and her son and daughter have been a big part of the Soul Care Clinics that JustEmbrace hosts once a month. Taking care of worn out feet is not a pleasant thing to do. But for some reason they have felt called and have responded with love. It's a beautiful thing.
I am also comforted to know that a mom, that knows us thru this blog, keeps a motherly eye on Emma in Uptown. It's very dear to me.


I met her for the first time on Saturday afternoon.


DSC_9101

Here we are...getting in the picture :o)
I'll send these to you today Mary! I think I have your email.


DSC_9091-7


Absolutely gorgeous.
Thank you for coming down for Emma's birthday...and making delicious treats! (which we used to sing happy birthday with)
(excuse me. that that last sentence is a midwestern doozy, if you know what I mean.)


Later that evening, Sher arranged a nice dinner at a Sushi place with Emma's friends from town.

I tasted my first sushi and didn't like it one bit. Katie and I shared cooked dishes.
But it was Emma's birthday and you get what you want on your birthday, right?


The next day was Sunday and Emma was serving at church.
We had time for a nice little breakfast at Ann Sather's in Andersonville.

DSC_9111

DSC_9116

DSC_9121

The paper placemats are my favorite.
Fresh squeezed orange juice is my favorite.
Out to eat with my family is my favorite.



****

Our blog friend Rachel is having surgery today. Please pray for her.
My school friend lost her brother to cancer this week. Please pray for her and his young family.
Our blog friend Kathyb's dad is having surgery today. Please pray for him and his wife who is very nervous.

We must lift them up in prayer...they need us now for that.

Thank you. Love you.
Mean it.

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.