We will be talking about the Downton Abbeythat aired on 1-12-14 today.
Beware of spoilers.
So I knew what was going to happen to Anna in this episode. I waited until Monday to watch because I really didn't want to see it.
Simply put, I do not like that the writers wrote this into the story. It is not what I want to watch.
However I noted a few things that I absolutely liked about the episode. (the first 45 minutes)
1. I like Lord Gillingham. I like his voice and his tone with Mary. I didn't care for his looks when I saw his still pictures but he is quite nice on film.
2. I was glad to see the characters go out for a walk. I adored the hedges.
3. I liked that they showed the choosing of the wine and the setting of the table. Roots. Back to the roots, I say.
4. The vistas while Mary and Lord G were riding were beautiful and the music during these rides was lovely.
5. I adored the Dowager's role in this episode. Isn't it interesting that she has a better relationship with Mary than her own mother and father. Her wise words make me love her more. She was the star of the show to be sure.
6. I thought it was funny when Lord Grantham talked with Mr. Carson about the opera singer and said to him, "What does one say to a singer?" And he turned to Carson quickly and said, "I blame you."
Maybe you had to see it. But it cracked me up.
Don't like so much;
1. Missing baby Georgie
2. Edna and Tom
Last night I read the following blog post by Melissa Wiley. She is an author and writes about the episode much better than I ever could. If you'd like to read it...follow link.
Melissa Wiley's blog post.
Our Swiss Miss (Susan) assures me that she still loves the show after Sunday night's awful ending.
She is quite discerning and I will hang in there because she recommends that I do.
I will watch next week...but my heart is broken for Anna and I may just fast forward thru that whole scene. (Which is how I watched this week...fast forward. And then I deleted it. Sad that I do not want to watch it over and over like the first two years.)
What did you think about the episode?
Will you keep watching?
No wonder the Royals thought Diana was odd to want to be with her boys....to raise them...
No wonder Mary is closer with Carson than her father and mother.
Encourage one another,