Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Mrs. Potato Head




Ta-da...

It is a good thing when your experiment/craft really works.

I am a bit experiment shy. But this cute little potato head grew hair just like it was supposed to grow hair!
Katie made this potato at a children's playgroup last Tuesday.

Instructions courtesy of Katie

"First I made the smiley face, then I made the nose, than I made the necklace. I didn't make a chin ,then I did the arms and I did the ears...you have to grow the grass. You have to put water in. It has to go in the sun so the hair can grow. That's how you do it."

The potato is hollowed out and it is filled with dirt. There was a little onion stuck in and then the grass seed was scattered on top.

Katie was much more interested in the decorating of the potato than the whole grass growing phase....perhaps she couldn't imagine it before it happened...but she thinks it is mighty neat now :o)

"for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and abiding word of God.
For,
All flesh is like grass,
And all its glory like the flower of grass.
The grass withers,
And the flower falls off,
But the word of the Lord abides forever."

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.