Tuesday, April 06, 2004

The Wind

I saw you toss the kites on high
And blow the birds about the sky;
And all around I heard you pass,
Like ladies' skirts across the grass
O wind, a-blowing all day long,
O wind, that sings so loud a song!

I saw the different things you did,
But always you yourself you hid.
I felt you push, I heard you call,
I could not see yourself at all
O wind, a-blowing all day long,
O wind, that sings so loud a song

O you that are so strong and cold,
O blower, are you young or old?
Are you a beast of field and tree,
Or just a stronger child than me?
O wind, a-blowing all day long,
O wind, that sings so loud a song:

-Robert Louis Stevenson


Have you ever noticed how the wind makes different sounds depending on which trees it is blowing through?
It howls loudly and quietly and whistles and hums.



-Emma

And from my favorite folk singer...

Love calls like the wild birds--
it's another day.
A Spring wind blew my list of
things to do...away.

-Greg Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.