Monday, July 03, 2006

Dana's Gerund Meme


Awaking..........6:58
Missing..........Emma
Drinking.........Water
Reading..........The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
Writing..........the blog, emails to Emma
Sending..........Email to Emma
Hearing..........Chipmunks chipping, Katie hacking.
Weathering.......Katie's fever.
Bouncing..........on a mimi tramp
Breakfasting.....Whole Wheat toast with butter
Dressing.........same ole', same ole'...
Praying.......... for Mary Lee, Linda's Aunt, and Francis, who lives far far away.
Ironing..........ha. This is a joke, right?
Flushing......... -22
Measuring........Katie's temperature.
Cleaning.........the kitchen
Wondering........if Katie is finally well enough to play with a friend.
Reunioning.......dear friend Karen, on Wednesday. It's been six years.
Telephoning......England with Skype
Eating...........in a way I didn't think I could.
Watching.........Treasure Hunt
Sleeping.........with many interruptions





Random House Group Study Questions

Along with liking lists. I like to find questions about the books I am reading.
I'd like even better discussing them with other readers. I'm really a English student at heart. I love to learn and think about things.


I seem to be immersed in African culture lately. The No 1 Ladies Detective is set in Africa, The Constant Gardener is set in Africa, and yesterday afternoon I watched Out of Africa.

Out of Africa is so beautiful at times, I cry.
Then I cry because it is so sad.

But the flying scenes, and the music, so beautiful.

And then Karen reaches back and Denys holds her hand.


I had a farm in Africa.


Perhaps he knew, as I did not, that the Earth was made round so that we would not see too far down the road.


If I know a song of Africa, of the giraffe and the African new moon lying on her back, of the plows in the fields and the sweaty faces of the coffee pickers, does Africa know a song of me? Will the air over the plain quiver with a color that I have had on, or the children invent a game in which my name is, or the full moon throw a shadow over the gravel of the drive that was like me, or will the eagles of the Ngong Hills look out for me?


(read those with your best Danish accent ;o)

********

Now, I need to know if I should take Katie to the Doctor.

Her fever is 101.6 this morning. She feels warm but is not acting sick. She has a rough sounding cough. But is not coughing very often. And she says nothing hurts. This fever business started on Thursday when she had a fever of 102.8. We let her swim on Saturday as her fever was down to 99.9.

Part of me thinks this is just a virus that the Dr. can't do anything about anyway...
but we are going on day five with a fever.

What would you do?

Thanks.

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.